WHAT KATIE DID Fully Fashionned Cuban Heel H4001 Stockings
There are only two factories in the UK that still make fully fashioned stockings
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 3 loyalty points. Your cart will total 3 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,45 €.
|Brand||WHAT KATIE DID|
|Comfort||Non-stretch dry Nylon Stockings|
|State Item||New Article|
|Style||Seamed Fully Fashionned Stocking & Cuban Heel|
|Category||Stockings Tights Socks|
|Type of audience||Adult|
WHAT KATIE DID Fully Fashionned Cuban Heel H2034 Stockings
Luxurious Cuban Heel Fully Fashioned Stockings made on vintage Reading knitting machines
* A Cuban Heel means that the heel doesn't taper into a point, but is a narrow rectangle
* Sheer 15 denier nylon, with sewn seam and finishing loop
* Made in the UK from 100% non stretch nylon so fit is critical (see sizing)
* Designed to fit the average size 12-16 woman, smaller or larger? Please try one size smaller or larger as applicable
Genuine 15 denier, Cuban Heel Fully Fashioned Stockings. Made in the UK from 100% non stretch nylon.
These glamorous seamed nylons are made on the same vintage Reading knitting machines that were used to make Fully Fashioned Stockings in the 1950s.
A Cuban Heel means that the heel doesn't taper into a point, but is a narrow rectangle. Both Cuban and Point Heel Fully Fashioned Stockings were made in the 1950s, so if you're going for an authentic vintage look it's down to your personal preference.
If you look closely you'll see the tiny picot lines, a row of dots either side of the seam which is caused during the knitting process making the leg of the stocking narrower and wider - which is where the name Fully Fashioned comes from: fashioned to fit the leg.
* These stockings are made to fit the average dress sized 12 to 16 woman (8-12 US, 40-44 European). If you are smaller than this please try the size below, if larger please go up one size. Please do not be tempted to go up more than one size as these stockings are non stretch nylon and this will lead to wrinkly ankles!
There are only two factories in the UK that still make fully fashioned stockings. The machinery is extremely big, slow, heavy and tempermental which means that the remaining companies are making fully fashioned stockings for the love of them, certainly not for the money!
Genuine 15 denier, Cuban heeled fully fashioned seamed stockings. Made in the UK from 100% non stretch nylon.
Several heel types were available in the past, with Cuban and Point (or French) being the most popular.
There's no particular meaning to each heel type although Cubans were certainly more common in the 1940s and early 1950s than points.
100% non stretch nylon - Made on vintage Reading machines -Finishing loop and sewn seam (yes, these are the real thing!)
Composition: 100% nylon
! Gone with suspender belt - Accessories are not sold
Be the first to ask a question about this product!